Friday, January 27, 2012

New Glasses!



The prescription glasses I ordered online arrived in the mail today, and I love them!

I'm guessing comparable ones would cost a couple hundred dollars, but I paid $25 for two pairs, and that included shipping. I figured that if they didn't work out, I wouldn't be out much money, and if they did work out, I'd be way ahead. I'm thinking that I'm way ahead.

You need a prescription, of course. And you have to have your PD (pupillary distance) number. The tricky part about having your PD number is that vision stores don't want to give it to you ... and, if you don't have it, you can't get fitted for frames. However, the online store gives instruction on how to measure your own. Bruce measured mine. I just uploaded my picture to the site and "tried on" the frames I found interesting. Now that I can see how the glasses actually look on me, I am pleasantly surprised and I think I like them better than any of the other glasses I've tried on and bought in the stores.

This time I ordered glasses for driving. Next time, I think I'll order bifocals ...

5 comments:

  1. They look really nice! I know I am going to have to get bifocals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually shocked that they worked out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they do, at least their website says so! Here is the link: http://www.zennioptical.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!