Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bird Cage


As I was driving home from work this afternoon, I heard a commercial on the radio about our local Cub Foods store having packages of pork on sale for $1.29 a pound. I swung by and picked one up. The roast was nice, as were the chops and ribs. I put the chops and ribs in the freezer and made the roast for supper in my slow cooker, with mashed potatoes and gravy.

I also got around to cleaning the bird cage for our budgies, loopy LuLu and Cole, also known as the Grand Poobah. It's not my favorite chore in the world, but I guess it does need to be done every so often. Katie thinks the green netting we have along the bottom of the cage to catch feathers looks like a diaper (maybe it does) but whatever you call it, I'm thankful to have it as it saves me from having to vacuum so much.

I guess most of the animal cares fall on me, but I don't really mind. The love they give to the family makes it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!