Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Do Your Best

After one of those sleepless nights, I drank my morning cup of coffee and left for work, wondering how the day was going to play out. As I was driving along, I noticed the bank billboard, which often has little nuggets of wisdom on display. It simply said, do your best.

Kind of funny how some things can speak to you. As tired as I was, and worrying about how I was going to make it through the day, those words were comforting to me. Isn't that really all that is expected of us, in the big picture, I mean?

So, I did my best while I presented my monthly health inservice to people at work. I did my best to not freak out too much during my dental exam when the hygienist called out her secret code of numbers while checking the condition of my gums. They do have a secret code, you know, but she did end up telling me what the numbers meant and I guess my gums are in good shape, after all. I did my best to run all the little errands that I had decided last night had to be done today and then couldn't stop thinking about them, thus making it impossible to sleep. When will I learn to just write them down?

And then tonight, Katie called me and we had a nice, long talk on the phone.

I'm thinking I will sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!