Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lasagna


Since I had some fresh spinach to use up, I decided to make a pan of lasagna. It's in the oven now, but I have to admit that making it was a bit intimidating. I'm not totally sure why, but I think it might have to do with the detailed layering of the ingredients and my need to (sometimes) do things exactly right ... anyway, I used the recipe off the box of no bake lasagna noodles, told myself to calm down a few times as I focused on what to layer when, and then even had it all assembled before I left for Curves.

I put the pan in the porch to stay cool, another benefit of a Minnesota winter.

There are a few other things that I find myself avoiding, such as rolling out pie dough or sugar cookies, or making bread from scratch without a bread maker. I tell myself that's because I like simple recipes, but maybe I just need to push myself to try new things.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny, but I just posted in my blog about making cinnamon rolls, and your last paragraph could be cut and pasted into my post and be completely relevant! I made cinnamon rolls because I have a psychic scar from yeast breads gone horribly wrong, and I wanted to start the healing process! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to make myself make a pie someday. I think it would be very good for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!