Thursday, February 16, 2012

Trouble


I'm going to just say this out loud. Our cat has been having some major digestive issues this week, and it has not been pretty.

We've had other cats in the household, and none have ever been constipated. So, I did my usual google search to learn about it, and found out that many cats actually have trouble with this issue. I also read about cats developing a megacolon, and that freaked me out a bit. Poor Minnie, I didn't want her to have that.

So, I made some switches in her diet. I changed her to canned meat and added some canned pumpkin. I then added warm water to that. I smeared some big globs of petroleum jelly on the top of her paw, which she then licked off. I even put a little bit of Miralax on top of her meat. When she stuck her nose up at her new entree, I tossed a few kibbles of her dry food on top, like a parfait.

It's starting to work. She finally pooed in her cat box this afternoon.

I know we're not out of the woods yet, but I'll be watching over things much more closely from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!