Friday, February 3, 2012

Chili Cook Off

We had a chili cook off at work today. I guess you could call it our second annual, although I'm pretty sure that we missed doing one last year.

I didn't bring a batch, but I sampled them all. Two traditional ones with tomatoes and two white chicken ones. Well, actually one white chili was called Pink Chili. It was made by our director, John, and he named it that because his ADD interfered with following the directions and he added some diced tomatoes, his words.

The names of the Chili were as follows ... Grandma's Chili, Firehouse Chili (also known as Beverly's Kick A** Chili), Pink Chili, and Mona's White Chicken Chili. They were all good, but the winner, according to me, was ... Beverly's Kick A** Chili.

Did you know you can buy diced jalapeƱos in a can?

I asked Beverly for the recipe, and here it is. Enjoy!

Beverly's Kick A** Chili
1 lb. Ground Beef, browned
1/2 lb. Pork Sausage, browned
1 pkg. Chili Seasoning Mix
15 oz. kidney beans
15 oz. whole kernel corn
15 oz. petite diced tomatoes
15 oz. pinto beans
1 onion, chopped
16 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz. diced jalapeƱos

Mix all together in a slow cooker, cover, and cook all day on low.

I am always looking for that perfect chili recipe, and this one is pretty good. Beware, though, it does have some heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!