Monday, February 13, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberries


Well, it's a big day tomorrow ... Valentine's Day and our Wedding Anniversary.

Yesterday we were walking around at the mall, and stopped at the fancy chocolate shop. I can't think of the name at the moment, guess I've never actually shopped there. But, they were selling boxes of fresh chocolate dipped strawberries. I asked the gal how much a box was, and guess what she said? Fifty dollars! For six chocolate dipped strawberries! Is that the going rate?

I love chocolate dipped strawberries. They might be one of my favorite treats of all time. So, I picked up some much prettier, much redder strawberries at the store, and I plan on making my own. Here's the recipe:

6 ounces of dark chocolate
3 tablespoons half and half cream
1/2 tablespoon of butter (unsalted)
20 large strawberries

Heat the chocolate and cream in a double boiler with gently simmering water. Stir frequently.
Once the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth, add butter and stir until butter is melted. Turn off heat.
Dip strawberries one at a time, as high as you like with chocolate, then lay on covered baking sheet.
Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until chocolate is set.

The picture above is how I want my strawberries to look like when I am finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!