Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bacon, Potato, and Corn Chowder



It's been rainy and miserable outside tonight, so it was a perfect night to make something warm and cozy for supper. I tried a new recipe, and it was delicious! The original recipe called for some chopped ham which I did have in my fridge when I last looked, but tonight it was gone, so I found some bacon in the freezer to use instead. I made some warm biscuits on the side, and that was supper. I keep thinking that I should try a new recipe out at least once a week, so maybe if I blog about it, it will happen.

Bacon, Potato, and Corn Chowder

5 - 6 medium potatoes, chopped & cooked
1/4 c. butter
1 small onion, diced
4-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups milk
1 can cream style corn
salt & pepper taste

Saute onions in the butter. Add bacon, soup, milk, potatoes, salt & pepper. Simmer on medium to low heat for 20 minutes. If thick, add a little more milk. Add cream corn and simmer on low for 20 minutes more, stirring frequently.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!