Sunday, October 22, 2017

Update On Cleo







If you've been following along with me on my blog, you might remember me talking about Cleo.

If you haven't been following along, here is the story ... Cleo is one of Grandma Gloria's two cats (Punk is the other).  After Grandma Gloria moved into Assisted Living and then Memory Care, Punk and Cleo moved in with us.

That brought us to four cats and a dog in the house!

We somehow managed for a couple of years, and then it just didn't work so well. Cleo is part Bengal, and though very smart and very beautiful, she can be a handful. Plus she didn't get along so well with Katie's little man, Tristin, and let's just say that it was a lot of work to manage them all.

It can be difficult to find homes for cats, I found, and when a cat loving friend from work said she'd take Cleo in, we were thrilled. The down side was that she already had a nearly blind and deaf dog (who wasn't really the problem) and two big male cats. Almost immediately one of the two big cats, Bob, started to stalk Cleo. They tried everything they could think of ... separating them, plug in pheromones, keeping Cleo in the bedroom all of the time, but then they couldn't sleep.

I do think that the more cats you force to live together, the more neurotic they can become. Cleo began to scream all the time, and Bob actually took a little nip out of her ear, which makes me sad to think about. They kept Cleo a full year, and then decided they just couldn't do it any longer. I got the call from my friend saying they would need to find Cleo another home. Yikes.

And then Mark, my brother, came to the rescue and said he could take Cleo. It's only been a couple of days, but it seems to be working out just fine. I've always suspected that Cleo might do better in a one cat home where she could get All of the attention, and I hope this is the case.

Goodness.

4 comments:

  1. Praying that Cleo does well in your brother's home. Our Doofy has been stalking Midgey and Patches, but those ladies are starting to put him in his place and he is slowly learning that he cannot attack them. I do think that he is really just trying to get them to play and chase him like he does with the dog, but it still has been a long haul trying to get everyone adjusted to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Debbie. Did I know that you had three cats? I remember hearing about Doofy, but not the others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Cleo has found her forever home with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bless. I really hope so, too. All this moving around must be a little stressful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!