Sunday, October 1, 2017

New Routine














I think I'm starting to settle into my new routine of being home. The first month after leaving my job had me feeling a little lost (and grieving some) but I think I'm okay with it now. It's really not a bad thing to give some thought as to what am I doing with my time, and to try to understand what I need to be doing to feel balanced, healthy, and stimulated.

I'm actually getting more sleep than I've had in a long time, which is good. And I'm dreaming again which makes me a little excited about what each new night will bring.

My Etsy shop has been busier than usual (who knows why, although Etsy does have a way of changing things up which can alter the exposure your shop gets to potential customers), but I won't complain. It's started to generate new ideas and energy. Maybe I'll be able to make a little money, who knows?

Our second book club meeting was last week. All of us finished reading the book except for Kat, who's back in school studying herbology, but no matter. We spent most of our time catching up on each other's lives and reminiscing about the old days at work. And as for book related stuff, we decided that Orphan Train was pretty good. Our next book selection is The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, and I've already put a hold on it from the library. I'll see if I actually get it in time as I'm number 392 on 57 copies!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like a horrible friend for not knowing that you left your job a month ago. I am glad that you are enjoying being home though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! Things have been working out just fine. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!