Friday, October 27, 2017

Date Night







It's cold out there! Or maybe it just seems extra cold because we're not quite used to winter weather yet?

We decided that it would be a good idea to get out of the house for awhile and planned a Date Night. We ended up going to Houlihan's for Happy Hour because they have good deals on wine and appetizers. It seemed to be an older group of folks there, but maybe that happens when you go out to eat at 4pm. I didn't care. I kind of like getting there before the crowds, and I like settling back into a cozy home for the night once it gets dark. We rented a DVD from Redbox, something we'd never done before. I'd been hearing good things about The Big Sick and had seen the lead actor host SNL a couple of weeks ago. He was funny! The wind whipped around us and froze our ears while we tried to figure out how to get the DVD out of the box, it was a little ridiculous. We'll have a piece of leftover chocolate lasagna from the fridge later on while we watch the movie.

I spent a good part of the afternoon dealing with the pile of papers accumulating on the kitchen table. Looking through some catalogs, I saw a fleece blanket that looked like something my dad might have liked in his earlier years, one with with deer and other wild life on it. Living in the Care Center, his need for material things is so small. And I struggle with this because I want to give him things. I want so much for him to be happy. But I know, it really isn't possible to give someone happiness. It's sad. I think I will buy the blanket for him, anyway.

Last night, he looked so sweet in his hat that I snapped a picture of him wearing it. Mom loves to have her picture taken. I'm storing up memories!

2 comments:

  1. Anytime there's snow on the ground, it is cold! Sounds like you had a lovely evening. I'm sure your dad will like the blanket. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!