Thursday, October 26, 2017

Under Control









I think we have the yard situation pretty much under control now.

Most of the leaves are piled on the huge pile out back, and yesterday I gave all the Hosta a haircut. I found the little pot that had Grandpa Harry's Hiacynth plant in it (the one we thought had died) and lo and behold, it now has new growth! I rescued it and tucked it in the little bathroom off the kitchen and then closed the door so the kitties wouldn't chew on it, which they most likely would have done if given the chance. Tristin is already enjoying all the outdoor furniture stacked up on the porch.

Then we took one last walk down to the lake, still so beautiful with color.

Today is gray and blustery and we might get a couple of inches of snow tonight, but I will not complain. There are too many other states with bigger, more scary weather issues going on, a little cold and snow should not be a big deal!

And, did I already mention that I'm looking forward to not having to make a drive into the city every day any more?  Maybe it's not such a bad thing to be out of work. As one of my old directors at the care center used to say ... silver lining.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you've got the yard under control! The scene from your porch is quite lovely. Continue to look for that silver lining, there's always one to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always one to be found!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!