Sunday, March 15, 2015

Progress, I Think













I may not be sleeping so well these nights, but my days have been productive!

This morning I decided to follow through on my plan to make a leg of lamb in my crock pot, something I've been thinking about for some time since reading about it in Stephanie O'Dea's, A Year of Slow Cooking. I had purchased a frozen, seasoned boneless leg of lamb from Trader Joe's some time ago, so I pulled it out of the freezer and plopped it in the crock pot, adding only a half cup of water. The house smelled heavenly as the day went on, and the final result was wonderful. We didn't have any mint jelly to go with, but I did find some cranberry chutney in the pantry, which was quite yummy.

We made a trip to Bruce's office so he could repot some root bound plants, but pretty much the rest of the day was spent trying to get all the cats to be friends. Pumpkin finally stopped trying to attack Tristin when he decided to show her some attitude. Good job! We're probably not done with the drama yet, but it's progress. And then we went for a walk in the park after supper.

I'm hoping to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!