Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Burst of Spring







It's sunny and warm here today, and I'm feeling so much better than yesterday. I don't know why some days are harder than others, or why I'm more critical of myself some days over others, but I do know that sometimes I need to just go to sleep, and that I will wake up to a new day that is much, much better.

Today is that day! 64 degrees, birds singing, sun shining, and lots of spring time energy. Tristin is loving that he can run in and out of the porch, and I'm loving having a window open in our bedroom, with all that sweet, fresh air blowing in.

I made a grocery run today, and stocked up on fruit and veggies.  I experimented with lunch, ramen noodles and eggs, yum! The homemade yogurt I made last night turned out well, too.  I used some vanilla yogurt (which happened to be sweetened with Aspartame) as the culture, and then added skim milk. I was surprised that it thickened, but I like the final result … not sweet, not sour, and with just a hint of vanilla flavor.

Tonight is craft night at Terry's, and we're having Cobb salad. I have a bottle of sweet rose champagne to bring and probably my loom to work on.

Nice, nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!