Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cats and Food






Cats and food, that's what it's all about.

Today I made some tasty vegetable soup in my slow cooker. I had so many fresh veggies I wanted to use up before they went bad … cabbage, green beans, carrots, celery, and green onions plus broth made from the last of the roast chicken from Costco. I added a can of stewed tomatoes and a can of tomato soup which provided extra flavor and color, and then I didn't need to add much salt, which is great because I'm trying to cut back on my salt intake.

And then it was fun to pour some in my jam jars with handles. They even have lids!

The cats are spending more time together in the later afternoons. I keep them together for as long as possible, but when Pumpkin won't let up on going after Tristin, it's time to split them up again. Sigh.

Tomorrow is Friday, and for that I am glad. I think Jake is coming home soon for Spring Break, too.

All good things!


2 comments:

  1. Your soup looks good and I am glad you are making progress with the cats. Have fun with Jake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!