Thursday, December 10, 2015

Two Weeks Until Christmas!











Two weeks until Katie and Avi come home!

The snow is gone and it's been raining. I hope this unseasonably warm weather continues so their drive from Chicago to Minneapolis isn't treacherous. Then, maybe, a dusting of snow would be okay.

Debbie and I met for our Christmas lunch today. She gave me a bird food wreath! I hung it on the flag holder on the front of the house since I don't already have a wreath ... how cool is that? I'm thinking it might be difficult for the squirrels to get ahold of it there, too, so win-win.

I've made my list of Christmas food, and I'm giving serious thought to the gifts I still need to buy.

I've also made a couple of decisions that I think will make life way easier this holiday season. One ... I don't think I'm sending out cards. I can't believe I'm saying that, but I think I will just save my time, energy, and money for when Katers comes home. Most everybody is on Facebook these days anyway, so I can post my greetings there. Two ... I'm not going to stress about getting to Curves just for the sake of getting my 12 days a month in. Wow, so freeing!

And even though there are probably a lot of things to get done in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to try not to stress. Things don't have to be perfect. We have so much to be grateful for, and I will have all my kids home for Christmas. Life is truly good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!