Thursday, December 3, 2015

Tween Thanksgiving And Christmas
















Now that the rest of the leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner have been consumed (and we made good use of them with turkey wild rice soup, turkey cranberry omelettes, and traditional plates of all the yummy fixings), it's probably time to start thinking about the Christmas season.

The tree is up, but not decorated yet, and it looks a little sad. I think I might just wait a while longer before putting the ornaments on it as the cats have discovered it, and seem to think it's been put up just for their pleasure. The tree out front is beautiful this year, though!

The Tree


We have snow, some snow. And it will probably all be melted by the weekend because temps are predicted to be close to 40 degrees. Gotta love that! If the trend continues this season, it might not be such a horrible winter after all. Guess I'm not a big fan of hard Minnesota winters.  :-)

Some presents have been purchased, but I am avoiding the stores and doing mostly online shopping this year. Food this Christmas will probably be lots of appetizers because that's what everybody seems to love. More on that later.

I guess the season has been pretty nice. We've been seeing quite a few deer in the yards, and it's been cozy to sip on hot cider in front of the fire. Jessie is feeling better these days again, too. We don't know the reason why she was so ill, but I think we need to pay closer attention to her diet, just in case.




I've been busy knitting hats on my loom for Little Bohemian Heart and hopefully someone will buy one soon. I've decided that even when sales are slow, my Etsy shop has been a good experience and definitely something worthwhile to be spending my time on.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day ... it's already time for another delightful colonoscopy, how did those last three years go by so fast? And then when that's all done, we get to go in the evening to the St. Olaf Christmas Concert with Jake. Good incentive to get through the first part of my day.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for future updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!