Saturday, June 14, 2014

Lazy Days





The cats have been having lazy days, the rest of us are keeping busy.

Katie took the bus to Memphis to visit Anna. Actually, she took two buses, with a six hour layover in Chicago. She met a new friend on the bus (a middle aged lady?) and they were able to do a little exploring while they were waiting. I was relieved when I heard she got on the second bus and was on her way to Tennessee. (Once a mom, always a mom, I guess.)

Jake came home last night for a weekend visit, and we took him to the little Russian restaurant we like. He said he enjoyed the stroganoff, but not so much the borscht.

And tomorrow is Father's Day. If the weather cooperates, we'll grill. Otherwise we'll figure something else out. I'd like to roast corn on the cob in the husk, either on the grill or in the oven. Gotta try out new things once in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!