Sunday, December 22, 2013

Surprisingly Peaceful






2013 has been a year of change. Now even the ways we do our holidays have changed. The tree didn't go up until a few days before Christmas, mostly because I thought Tristin might destroy it, but I think also because the kids haven't been around as much, and I was feeling a little lost inside about things. And yesterday, we made an even bigger change in deciding to celebrate on Christmas Day instead of on Christmas Eve with my family. I resisted the idea as we've ALWAYS celebrated on Christmas Eve, and I was nervous about approaching my family with the idea. It's funny how fiercely protective we can be about the way we celebrate our holidays. It really did make sense to make the change, though. Bruce and Nick couldn't promise what time they'd be home from work on Christmas Eve, and then Jake got scheduled to work. We're all getting older, too, and the thought of driving late at night on icy roads is making daytime celebrations look more and more appealing. Well, anyway, I asked the family, and people were agreeable. And when the decision was made, I felt surprisingly peaceful.

The cats are loving the tree, of course. We still need to put the ornaments on, but what's the rush?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!