Sunday, December 1, 2013

Busy Weekend

The kids have gone back to college now, but we did have some fun while they were here. Yesterday, we picked up Grandma Gloria and met up with Courtney and Sherry at Perkins. Jake and I had Eggs in a Hole. (Or, is it toads in a hole?) It was wonderful to see them again and wonderful to hear Courtney laugh as she has a great laugh. Katie and I went to Lakewinds in the later afternoon to buy her some tea, and then out to dinner and a movie with Bruce. We ate at a little cafe right by my old Curves, which was a little sad, but I was then able to take a picture of it. We split a bowl of coconut curry soup along with some other yummy things, including a big piece of chocolate cake. Jake spent a good portion of his weekend hanging out with his buddy, Will, also home on break from college. Today as they were packing up to go back, I became a little obsessed with cleaning out the lazy susan cabinet, I think maybe as a way of settling myself down, knowing they were leaving soon. Both Katie and Jake were more than willing to take boxes of tea back with them, and now I only have a few bags of tea left, but this is a good thing because it will be fun to pick out more! And the house is quiet again, but Christmas break is less than a month away. Time will go fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!