Sunday, October 6, 2013

Simple Sunday

It's been cool and rainy the past few days, and I finally broke down and turned the furnace on. It's set for 68 degrees and only runs once in awhile, but it feels nice and cozy when it does. Leaves are starting to turn, and then pumpkins called out to me as I was out shopping today and so I had to buy one, to sit on our front doorstep. I've already bought the candy to hand out on Halloween, quite a few bags actually, but that's okay because we've had several new neighbors move in with young kids. We had tater tot hot dish for supper tonight and each had a glass of wine with it, boxed red wine from Trader Joe's. I've decided that there will be no wine snobbery in this house and that boxed wine from Trader Joe's is just fine... All in all, it's been a quiet weekend but then, most days are quiet these days. It's okay, we'll be fine. We're settling into our empty nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!