Thursday, October 10, 2013

Getting Ready

Katie's senior art show is next week, and she's letting me help out with the food. Today I ordered the fruit and veggies and made a decision to make the caprese salad and shrimp cocktail platters myself. I also visited the little thrift store close by, and found a few sweet serving pieces that I can use for the show, plus for future dinner parties that I'll host here. (I've been making an effort to buy used things versus new, it just feels right to repurpose things.) We'll go to the frame shop tomorrow to pick up her art. The frame shop also told her that people were already expressing interest in buying some of her work! My parents have promised to stay with the animals so we can help with the show, and then Bruce and I will stay at a bed and breakfast. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!