Saturday, March 17, 2012

Second Annual Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner A Day Early





Guess today is actually St. Patrick's Day, but we celebrated last night by having a corned beef and cabbage dinner here. No green beer was consumed, but we did have corned beef & cabbage, potatoes, and Irish soda bread.

I made the briskets in my crockpot, of course, and they turned out delicious. I didn't make a boiled type dinner, though. I steamed the baby red new potatoes and stir fried the cabbage and carrots in my wok. Grandma Joyce brought lime jello with pears and bars for dessert, and I picked up a loaf of Irish soda bread from the local Great Harvest Bakery.

I love it when the whole family can get together. Traditions are nice.

2 comments:

  1. Your dinner sounds delicious and time with family is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am thankful for the time we can spend together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!