Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday














It's the end of June already, and I've been enjoying our yard. Things are always so green and lush this time of year, but not so much when July arrives, and then things dry up and the yard gets crunchy.

We don't use our air conditioner much, if we can help it. I find that the air can get stale with it on, plus it's just so peaceful to have the windows open, and you can hear all the birds and squirrels. But when it gets super steamy, like it's supposed to this weekend, we will turn it on. Most days I open up the windows early in the morning so the cool air from the night can come in, and then close them up late morning when the heat starts to rise. It stays pretty comfortable for the most part, and then there is also the family room in the basement to sit in if it gets on the warm side. We didn't grow up with air conditioning, I suppose most people of our generation didn't.

Early this morning, I had a memory of my mom baking my birthday cake in the early part of the day before the house got too hot, and decided to roast a chicken! I roasted it in a bundt pan and pretty much all the sides of the chicken got crispy and brown, lovely. Into the fridge it went, and now we have delicious chicken to eat on for the rest of the week.

Speaking of which, roast chicken makes a tasty sandwich for lunch. We eat most of our food at home these days. Yesterday, I found some forgotten cookbooks (I have many), and now have some new ideas for supper! Yay for easy food!

Next week is the 4th of July, and Katie and Avi will come for a visit, I can hardly wait. 💕

Of course I will need to make more rhubarb dessert ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!