Friday, June 14, 2019

Calming The Cluttered Mind







It really is amazing how a cluttered space can clutter up your mind.

How do rooms get so out of control so fast?

Well, maybe they don't, maybe life just takes it's toll. All I know, is that even with best intentions to keep things neat, things don't stay neat. And then I keep waking up to the chaos, and wonder what the heck happened. Will I ever have the energy to fix things?

I thought some baby steps could be helpful. And since Bruce was up north, the house was mine, all mine. 😂

I started with the lace panels over the bed. I figured that would be a good enough effort for the day. I pulled them down and put them in the drier on low air to get all the dust out. Then I saw how dirty the window sill was, and all the cobwebs on the wall up by the ceiling. (I had to stand on the bed to see all of this.) So, the vacuum moved onto the bed with me, and I ended up vacuuming and scrubbing things down. Much better.

It became obvious that the rest of the room was full of dust, too, so everything came off the furniture and floors and onto the bed. Yikes. What about all the books under the bed? They came out, too. There was no stopping now. It had to be finished.

Remember how I've said that all you have to do is to get started doing something, and then you break out of being stuck? So true!

Anyway, I finished before Bruce got home. Our room was peaceful again. And then I woke up this morning, and looked around, and felt ... calm.

I said to Bruce, why can't things stay this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!