Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Father's Day 2019
















We started out our usual morning routine, with travel mugs of coffee and sudoku.

Then I remembered that I had bought some silicon molds from Avon a few years back that you can make shapes out of with eggs or pancakes, one of which was a heart shape, and decided to make a special Father's Day egg sandwich for Bruce. It was a great idea, except the egg didn't stay in the heart like it was supposed to. Oh, dear.

The sun was shining, so we took a drive and stopped at the Dollar Tree to look around. They didn't have any Father's Day helium balloons that I was hoping to see, but we found some strawberry lemonade to embellish our dinner.

And, instead of giving Bruce flowers or candy, I gave him a bottle of Maple syrup! Which he loves.

I had decided that it was important to have a usual Father's Day celebration with Mom and Mark, especially since it was the first Father's Day since Dad passed away. Mom loves being able to come over and hang out in the house, but I could tell that she was missing Dad. It was a good thing that she wasn't spending the day all alone without family.

Nick made it home for dinner, good boy!

I had already made the Cherry Icebox Cake the day before, and it was chilling in the fridge. I tried a new crockpot mushroom recipe that turned out pretty good.

And of course we all ate too much, we always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!