Sunday, December 28, 2014

Taking Down The Tree








Yesterday was a day of taking down the decorations from Christmas. It seems a little early to me, but we needed to make room in the basement storage room before the new carpet for the family room arrives next week. Furniture will be temporarily moved in there, and it will help to have bins of Christmas stuff up off the floor and on the shelves in a more organized way.

We finally got some snow. Now there is a snow emergency going on in Minneapolis and I need to figure out where I can park when I go to work tomorrow. You'd think I'd have this thing figured out by now, but nope. The snow is pretty, though.

Last night we met some friends at Merlin's Rest, a British pub in south Minneapolis. They had music and interesting food. I had the Bangers and Mash, Bruce had the Proper Steak and Mushroom Pie. We're not usually hanging out in Minneapolis late Saturday night, but I think we managed quite well!

And as I was putting decorations away, I realized that I hadn't really noticed the top of the tree! It was beautiful with the dove and star, so I had to take a picture. Mom's tray of cookies and bars is a work of art, too, so deserving of a photo.

I'm thinking that when January arrives, I might make another attempt at decluttering and emptying this house of things. It's an ongoing battle, but I think it helps for me to label it as an official attempt. Anyway, more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!