Sunday, November 17, 2013

Visit With Mom and Dad

We drove out to see Mom and Dad today, bringing fried chicken and salad for lunch. Mom recently found out that she has some stress fractures of her pelvis, and they're painful for her when she's walking. She's been using a walker Dad rigged up for her, maybe not a perfect solution, but her appointment for physical therapy isn't for another couple of weeks, so she's making do for now. (I think it's kind of cute that Dad created one for her. They're both people who like to make do with what they have at home.) Hopefully the pain will decrease soon and she'll actually feel like getting out of the house. On a similar note, I just found out that my Curves will be closing at the end of the month. This makes me sad and wondering where I will now go to work out. I've really liked the circuit training at Curves, and I like that it's a small, comfortable place for women. I feel healthier and stronger for having gone there these last few years, and I want to take care of my bones! We stopped by at Williston and were told that they weren't accepting new members unless they actually live in that city (we were rejected!). We stopped by the YMCA, and though the new facility looked good, it was also really loud and crowded with kids. (Plus the classes that looked even remotely interesting to me were only offered in the morning when I'm at work.) We stopped by the Anytime Fitness close to our house (we could only peek in the windows) and saw mostly young guys working out in muscle shirts, probably not my kind of club. There is another Curves a bit further away and I'm thinking I might need to transfer there, but if that one closes, do I then drive to Rochester or Duluth to work out??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!