Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Night Before Thanksgiving

I'm feeling pretty good about having quite a few things done the night before Thanksgiving. I'm really trying to not have to spend the whole time in the kitchen while my guests sit and chat in the living room without me! So far I've already made the special mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, cranberries, and green bean casserole, they just need to be heated up. That leaves the turkey, which I'm roasting from a frozen state, the stovetop stuffing, corn, and candied yams. Oh, and put together the apple cider punch. Mark will bring bread (and hopefully a relish tray) and Mom will bring the pumpkin and apple pies. The house has been tidied and the table has been set. Yay! Jake is already home from college, Katie drives home tonight, Nick will come over for the dinner tomorrow. And,I think that's enough for today. Bruce and Jake plan on performing open mic at a local coffee house tonight and I want to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!