Sunday, November 3, 2013

Heart Shaped Vegan Cake

Katers wanted a vegan cake for the birthday celebration and I decided to give it a try. I like to keep things simple so I looked and found a recipe using a cake mix and, instead of using eggs and oil, you throw in a can of pop! The cake was pretty, and people said it tasted fine though it did sort of fall apart when it was cut, but that wasn't too big of a deal. Mom turned 80 this year, though you can't tell by looking at her, and Katie turned 23. I feel lucky that we can still celebrate their birthdays together! Jake and Nick came home for the party, and of course Uncle Mark, Dad, and Bruce. Next gathering will be Thanksgiving and it's going to be here.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! Your mom does not look like she is 80 at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm hoping that I will be so fortunate when I turn 80. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!