Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Get Away

We made it to Tennessee for Debbie and Bil's wedding, and it was quite an adventure! The weather ended up being icky in both Minneapolis and Chicago on Friday and our flights were delayed for hours. In fact, there was a time when we thought our flight to Tennessee might even be cancelled and we'd end up missing the ceremony, a thought that I didn't want to accept. But, at last we were on the plane to Tennessee. We were able to check into our hotel around 1:15am and then I didn't sleep much, but I was content, anyway, knowing that we were in the state, that we would make it to the wedding, and that I was able to stretch out and lay down. 

Debbie was a beautiful bride and she looked so happy. Too bad it rained most of the time, but we did get to drive up into the Smoky Mountains for a bit and see some of the scenery, everything was so green. I also learned a few things during my travels ... I can make do with a lot less makeup and lotions than I thought I could, it's wonderful to just have one piece of luggage to pull around and not have to check, and that I really can learn to use my smart phone to scan my tickets. I also was able to use the jacuzzi tub in our room, and it was lovely, but I decided once again that I probably didn't need one of my own. They're actually kind of loud. And it did feel good to get home and sleep in my own bed. Maybe a trip away once in awhile is a helpful thing in that it makes me more appreciative of what I have at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!