Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nesting

I've been feeling the need to simplify and organize my home lately, and I know that what I need to do, is just get rid of things. Hard to know where it all came from, maybe it doesn't really matter, but I do know that having so many things is getting in my way to a more peaceful life. I started sorting through all the books in the bookcase sitting in our bedroom. I was able to collect five large bags to give away, and quickly put them in the corner of the garage reserved for charity pickup. My latest dream has been to find a highboy dresser that would match our bedroom furniture and I planned to put it where the bookcase was. And a dresser would look so much nicer than a crazy mess of books to wake up to every morning. Our furniture is a vintage French Provincial style from the early 1980's, and I love it, but it's not so easy to find. Anyway, I looked again on Craigslist and was excited to see something that just might work. The stain and the hardware didn't exactly match, but it was close enough, plus it was not too far away and a good price. I love it! Now to get my clothes sorted through and tucked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!