Friday, December 8, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023


Wouldn't you know it, Bruce and I came down with Covid just before Thanksgiving. It was a relief then to know that I wasn't planning on hosting this year, but it was also sad to have to miss Katie's First Thanksgiving at their place. 

I had promised to bring the mashed potatoes and cranberries, and now Katie had to scramble and make those in addition to her already full menu. Everybody else brought food, though. Jake and Brianna made homemade green chile stuffing and cranberry lemon bars, Nick brought cheese and crackers, and Mark brought cranberry ginger ale. 

Famous Cranberry Lemon Bars







So pretty

Baby Daniel 💕





Katie roasted a fresh turkey, and looking at her pictures, I think it's one of the prettiest turkeys I've ever seen. And, Nick carved it!


Avi and Jake drove over to our place with plates of food, and laid them on our doorstep. 💜 And feeling a little better by evening, we were able to enjoy eating them. A few days later, I decided to make another Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us, this time with baked chicken instead of turkey.




Elder Homestead had a lunch the day before Thanksgiving that we also were planning on attending, but then couldn't. Luckily Mark was still able to go, and Mom was able to have some Thanksgiving with family. 

Elder Homestead Lunch

Hello


And, since we had all those days to stay in the house, time was filled with addressing Christmas cards, binge watching Doc Martin, and completing the hummingbird jigsaw puzzle that Bruce had given me for my birthday. I also put our tree up in the living room. It only has lights on it for the time being, but ornaments will be added soon.


All done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!