Monday, May 8, 2023

Dim Sum


Jake and Brianna invited us to go to Dim Sum with them last weekend, as part of celebrating a break between classes. Years ago, I remember some moms at Grace School talking about Dim Sum, so I've been curious for quite awhile about what exactly Dim Sum was.





Doesn't the name Dim Sum sound fancy? I had no idea of what this experience would bring. As it turns out, this one was in a little strip mall restaurant close to Rosedale Center. It wasn't fancy, but there were a lot of people eating there. 




Servers were moving around the tables constantly, pushing metal carts loaded with trays of little baskets of food that people would then point at for their table. We let Jake and Brianna do most of the pointing, and decided to try everything that ended up in front of us. Some of what we sampled were Shumai, Shrimp Dumplings, Soup Dumplings, BBQ Pork Buns, Eggs Tarts, Sautéed Green Beans, spicy Spare Ribs, and Steam Buns with different kinds of fillings that I really can't give any more detail on. I decided to be brave and suggested we try the Chicken Feet! (after which we all said that we probably didn't need to do that again) I even thought about bringing my new trainer chop sticks with me so I could practice, but at the last minute decided not to. 


And then we said that the next time we go, we should order a pot of tea for the table...



We had a little time before Bruce and I had to move on to the next activity for the day, which was the Singer Songwriter Showcase at KJ's Hideaway in downtown St. Paul. So we went back to their place, and Jake played his classical guitar for us. Tony grabbed Jake's lap as soon as he put the guitar down. 💕 




Yep, shiny black loafers




Lots of talented singer/songwriters performing, too. What a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!