Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Memorial Service









I wonder how many people still use telephone booths

Who is this guy???


Phillip Brunelle

Just A Closer Walk With Thee


The food was excellent!

The A Cappella Yale Whiffenpoofs


Bruce's stepbrother, Jack, passed away recently and Bruce was asked to sing "Just A Closer Walk With Thee" at his memorial service. It was held at the Minneapolis Club, which was in a beautiful old building downtown. It had such an elegant feel to it, and I enjoyed walking around and exploring while Bruce practiced a bit before the service. Jack and his family have been politically active, so it wasn't surprising when Senator Amy Klobuchar walked in. There was also a spur of the moment performance by the A Cappella Yale Whiffenpoofs, Yale being Jack's alma mater. Philip Brunelle, globally recognized and founder of Vocal Essence, performed on the piano. I didn't catch the name of the other singer in the service, but he did talk about performing with Garrison Keillor on Prairie Home Companion. All of which made for a very interesting evening! I do have to say, though, that I thought Bruce's "Just A Closer Walk With Thee" was the most touching of all the music. After we started the drive home, I looked up and saw the Foshay Building, and had a memory of Mom telling me that the Foshay was the tallest building in Minneapolis when she first moved here with her sisters in the 1950's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!