Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Mother's Day 2022


This year we planned on doing something a little different for Mother's Day ... a trip to Como Zoo. Katie had made reservations ahead of time, but then we woke up to dark skies and rain. So, people headed over here for lunch instead. And, then there was the moment in the living room when it was just me, Bruce, and the three kids, and it felt kind of surreal.




Katie picked up rotisserie chicken (and sides) from Cub Foods, plus I made a lemon poke cake the night before, just in case. 😉 The seafood salad ended up being little boy's favorite. Avi also brought some lovely desserts ... strawberry cream cupcakes, key lime tortes, and chocolate moon pies.



Katie brought me chocolates and a framed picture of Jesus, Avi brought me a bouquet of tulips and mini carnations, Jake brought me Lavender Lace tea and flowers, and Nick brought me chocolates. It was so nice, and I felt pampered. 





Later on after lunch, Katie and Jake went with me to visit Mom, and we brought her a taste of all the desserts. Of course she was excited to see us, and Mark was already there when we arrived. I'd given her a plant with cheerful, yellow flowers earlier in the week, and was happy to see that they were still blooming. On our way home from our visit, we drove along Ridgewood Road, rolled down our windows, and listened to the frogs sing.


What a nice Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!