Thursday, November 11, 2021

Hmmmm

I've already hit a roadblock in my decluttering efforts ... you see, I thought that I'd be able to easily let go of some cookbook magazines I'd bought in the 1990's. I have SO many cookbooks that I've purchased over the years! I will say, though, that they give me immense pleasure to browse through, so it's probably not a bad collection to have. Thinking back to the earlier years when the kids were little, there was nothing I liked better than to curl up in my bed after they'd gone to sleep, and look at my cookbooks. I'd do that even more often if I were feeling content, looking at my cookbooks makes me happy. Maybe I need to take a little time again before sleep, to look through these. Most of them might only have a recipe or two that I might want to make. I could take a picture of those few, and then maybe let some of them go. Maybe put them in my little free library. I know that you can find just about anything on the internet, but there's something satisfying about being able to turn a paper page. Hmmmm.

7 comments:

  1. I am the same way...I love looking through old cooking magazine and cookbooks. I have found myself doing that lately and even bought some older Taste of Home magazines at the thrift store to go through on the cold and snowy days to come. It's one of those comforting simple pleasures that I look forward to all year long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I'm thinking that my cookbooks are worthy of saving. I'm sure there are plenty of other things I could declutter in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookbooks (and magazines) are some of the hardest things for me to declutter! I, too, enjoy looking through them. I once had two very full shelves of cookbooks. Over the years, I've managed to cull it down to half a small shelf. I don't use them all that much, so, it might be time to go through them, again. Good luck with your decluttering. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've done well! I have a wicker bookcase full of cookbooks, plus another two full shelves over the stove! There's plenty of other things in my house, though, that I don't feel as strongly about, maybe I should concentrate on those first. I'm like a turtle, slow but hopefully eventually getting to where I want to be.

      Delete
    2. It's a good idea to declutter the items you don't feel that strongly about. I've read that decluttering is like peeling an onion - the outer layers are easy to peel off, but, the inner layers are not that easy and sometimes, make your eyes tear. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!