Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day 2019




















I had a nice Mother's Day.

Nick came home for the weekend, and Katie and Avi surprised me by sending a wicker, heart shaped picnic basket. Jake sent me a message that he loved me, so I heard from all my babies. 💕

Bruce and I decided to buy ourselves a couple of blue adirondack chairs that we can sit on in front of the lake up at the cabin ... one for me for Mother's Day, and one for him for Father's Day ... Bruce also gave me some purple tulips. I love purple tulips.

The grill actually cooperated with me this year. It's an old gas grill, and kind of does it's own thing at times. However, it fired up and stayed hot, and we were able to have delicious No Name Steaks. Our menu this year was No Name Steaks, calico cat beans, cherry cinnamon applesauce jello (well, raspberry cinnamon applesauce jello because that's what I had in the house), potato and macaroni salads that I did not personally make 😀, potato chips, and mint chip ice cream for dessert. We used Mom's china this time.

Grandma Joyce posed for the camera with all of her presents ...

Even the cats showered me with love. As I came down the stairs early in the morning, they were all on the stairs, too, and their eyes looked like they were saying I love you ... well, maybe they were actually more interested in being fed, but I'm going to believe it was an I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!