Monday, October 29, 2018

Soup Weather



















Our cabin days are slowing down, but we did make it up one more time to deal with the leaves. Of course it's been raining, so they were heavy and wet. However, we went to work and now the bulk of them are taken care of. Good job, people!

Bruce then climbed the ladder to clean out the gutters, and we gave all the Hosta a haircut.

I think we're good to go.

It's soup weather now, too.

As I'm trying really hard not to buy any more cookbooks (note that I said I am trying hard, didn't say that I'm always successful 😏), I've started "borrowing" recipes I happen to see as I peruse cookbooks in the stores ... and with just a quick snap on my phone's camera, I have a new recipe without the added clutter! This Kielbasa & Cabbage Soup recipe sounded so good. I found it in a book at the Dollar Tree, of all places.

I decided to make it the night before so all the flavors could meld together. And with some deliciously oozy, toasted cheese sandwiches, we had a lunch full of cozy comfort. Yums!

My next soup creation just might be split pea with country style ribs. A friend said it was delicious, so I googled it and it really is a thing. An Estonia recipe, it said.

I never get tired of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!