Sunday, October 7, 2018

Dad Passed Away





Dad passed away last Wednesday night. Considering that he'd been through so many ups and downs during the last three years, the end just seemed to come on fast.

We had gone home to rest, when Augustana called close to midnight to say that he was gone. The chaplain said that very few people actually pass with their loved ones present. I kind of think that he was being true to who he was ... he never wanted people to fuss over him or make a big deal of things. He was so strong and independent all of his life.

But his body was tired, and he was worn out. It was time for him to go.

He had been calling out for all of his brothers and sisters who had passed on before him. Maybe they were calling out to him. I like to think that they are now together again.

And, I think he knew he was loved. I hope so, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!