Monday, October 22, 2018

Rest And Distraction















Well, I think that things are basically okay.

I'm not sure how productive I feel these days, but that's alright. The house could use a good dusting and vacuuming, and there are a few piles of paper accumulating, but oh well. I've been trying to see people and enjoy what's left of the Fall season. Plus the holidays are coming up soon. And I do look forward to the holidays, but I know they take energy. I'm thinking that the more rested I am by the time they arrive, the better things will be.

Mom's 85th birthday is this week, and I'm planning her birthday dinner. She wants No Name Steaks and potato salad, so guess what we're having. 😋 I found a gorgeous red cardigan sweater on Etsy for her, and it has cat decorations all over the front. Yay for having a plan!

Debbie and I had our annual Oktoberfest Lunch at Macy's Lakeshore Grill, followed by a walk around Ridgedale Mall to look at home goods and all things sparkly, which is always fun. There was Book Club at Mona's, breakfast with Renee, and then Terry invited me out to the barn yesterday afternoon to hang out with Kip.

I feel grateful for my friends.

Next up ... getting the house ready for company on Thanksgiving, and figuring out easier ways of putting on the feast ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!