Saturday, May 19, 2018

Something New


















We drove up north to the lake for a night so that Bruce could work on the boat. He actually took the motor apart to replace some parts which I think was pretty bold of him, but he had studied some instructional videos on youtube before we left and it turned out just fine.

We took the boat out for a little cruise along the shore so we could check out the repaired motor and look at the other lake homes, then did a little fishing off the dock. Bruce caught some nice sized bass, but let them go. There usually seems to be plenty of bass biting off our dock, which then makes you feel like you're a pro at fishing. All good.

We also went out for supper at the Twin Pines Resort where they had a special of 1/4 broasted chicken and salad bar for $10.95.

Then drove home to a street full of lilacs and hosta gone wild.

Today I went shopping at Aldis, and found some Asian inspired veggie burgers that looked interesting. They also had some plants there, so I nabbed a little Basil plant. Also, a hanging plant hanger that I'm going use for my Hummingbird feeder. I love Aldis!

It seemed like a good time to try out the little, red patio grill that Bruce gave me for Christmas, so I grilled some corn on the cob in foil and the new veggie burgers. They turned out well! And then while I was at it,  browned up some pineapple slices and added some leftover coleslaw to the buns.

Yums.

Kind of fun to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!