Saturday, January 9, 2016

Decisions






Dad has decided to stop chemo. After his fourth round, his legs were so weak that it became hard for him to get up out of the chair, let alone walk. We all supported him in his decision, and after his Dr. was notified, we realized what a huge sense of relief it was. It's a quality of life kind of thing, and although there are no guarantees to anything in this life, I'm hoping that after the chemo clears his system, maybe some of his strength will return. I guess time will tell.

In the meantime, they will need support. Today I made a couple batches of burritos that they can heat up in the microwave ... breakfast type ones of bacon/eggs/potato/cheese and Mexican style ones of taco rice/beans/cheese. It was comforting to make something with love that might help in some small way.

The weather has been arctic cold, too, and today I wore one of my Boho beanies I made for Little Bohemian Heart. It was warm and cozy, and I received compliments on it, which was fun!



Now hopefully another sale soon, but I've relaxed quite a bit about the shop in general, so it's all good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!