Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Frugal Doings








Time to get back on track post holiday.

I do think we did a pretty decent job of not overdoing things this past Christmas, but I guess it never hurts to think about better ways to spend your money wisely so that it goes towards the things that matter the most.

I have noticed that we are no longer in the habit of eating out frequently. We cook most of our meals at home, and usually eat simple foods that are reasonably priced. We're also good about eating up the leftovers in the fridge, and frequently make do with what is already in the pantry before running to the store to buy more.

We've been drinking more water, too, not just because it's a frugal thing to do, but also because it's the healthy thing to do.

So eating at home most of the time and drinking water is big, but what else?

Shopping has lost it's appeal. I'm not sure what that's all about, but I think it might have something to do with simplifying things in general. I think I'd rather spend my time doing just about anything else besides taking care of stuff.

Maybe a frugal lifestyle isn't so bad?

2 comments:

  1. There is a lot to say about living a more simple and frugal life. :) Jeff and I found that we used the library more to borrow movies to watch. I also have enjoyed borrowing books and learning new skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the library! I really like the idea of borrowing books from the library. Not only free to do so, but no lasting extra things in the house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!