Sunday, July 5, 2015

Independence Day Weekend


















We had a quiet holiday weekend, but it was nice.

Friday, we took a leisurely walk around Lake Harriet, stopping to look at sailboats, and dogs, and ducks. There was a nice breeze. I ended up getting a couple blisters on the bottoms of my feet, silly me, as I chose to wear flip flops instead of tennis shoes. But come to think of it, Bruce had blisters, too, and he was wearing his tennis shoes.

Saturday I decided to clean out Katie's bedroom in preparation of her coming home! I thought we could just clear out some boxes and vacuum it out as Trisitin has been sleeping in there while she's away, but I found that little boy had been naughty and had gone potty on the bed … luckily the mattress was okay, but we had to toss a couple pillows in the garbage. The room looks great now, however, and we still love little boy. (Cats pretty much rule the house as anybody who has a cat understands. It goes with the territory, I guess.)

I grilled a couple of steaks for supper, and Bruce made us root beer floats. We decided it was too hot to see fireworks, and opted instead to relax in the cool of the basement and watch some episodes of The Walking Dead on Netflix. I'm hoping that Bruce will want to keep watching the series with me ...

We did hang our American flag, though.

And, I am grateful to be able to live in the good old USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!