Friday, July 4, 2014

The Fourth of July





















We had a nice family gathering for the fourth this year, with pretty much perfect weather.

I made pulled pork in the crockpot, vegetarian calico beans, roasted corn on the cob, a berry salad, plus chips. Mom brought cherry cinnamon applesauce jello and special K bars, and Bruce made lemon bars.

Nick brought his friend, Lauren, and Mom brought her bowling ball, hoping that one of us would like to keep it. (It is a pretty bowling ball.)

Katie went to see fireworks with Anna, but the rest of us decided to stay home. I thought maybe I could see some from the house, but the trees ended up being too tall. I heard them, though, and that was good. Maybe next year we'll brave the crowds.

Tomorrow Tristin goes back to Duluth with Katie. I grabbed him and gave him a kiss before he went to bed tonight, and I'm going to miss that little boy. He has a big personality.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!