Thursday, March 13, 2014

40 Bags in 40 Days



Recently, I read a blog talking about getting rid of 40 bags of clutter during 40 days of Lent. I'm not Catholic, so didn't grow up with the practice of giving something up during Lent, but what a cool idea! I do think (a lot) about simplifying my home, and purging it of all the stuff that has found its way in. Thinking about it is a start, acting on it is even better, I think I can do this.

So, the challenge began on Ash Wednesday and I started bagging up things to give away. I should have about 9 bags at this point. Do I? Nope, I only have 5. But I'm not giving up yet. I am determined to find 40 bags within 40 days.

We're not getting any younger. And although it can be overwhelming for me to think about just how many things we've accumulated over the years, it's also freeing to think of not having to take care of it all.

And, I guess we can bless others by sharing with them.

Anybody else up for the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!