Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wordless Wednesday

I know it's Wordless Wednesday, but it's been a hard day for Jess. She has not been herself lately, and today I couldn't stand it any longer and took her in to see the Vet. She's always been high strung, but now she will cower and yelp when we are greeting her, and we don't even have to be actually touching her. She's still eating, but she now plays this little game of walking up to her food, walking away, coming back to the food, walking away. She'll eventually eat after we leave the room. Still paces a lot, but she's always done that. Still going up and down the stairs, too. So, the Vet spent over an hour looking her over and couldn't find anything obviously wrong. I did agree to bloodwork, but when she suggested an EKG and possibility of seeing a dog cardiologist, I said we would wait on that. (She also said that the heart arrhythmia she heard was probably a separate issue, and might have no significant health concern.) They then trimmed her nails as they were still seriously long even after our attempts last week ... total for the bill ... $341.00. I'm hoping there won't be any serious concerns with the labwork, but then what? Could this be the start of some doggie dementia? Either way, I'm glad I brought her in. She's been such a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!