Saturday, December 10, 2011

Decorating For Christmas



I woke up rested and content this morning, so it seemed like a good day to work on Christmas.

Last weekend we decided to take all of the lights off of our tree as there was a huge area in the middle where none of the lights were working. Those Christmas trees with pre-lit lights look really pretty a season or two, but when the lights stop working, look out. We spent a couple hours trying to get them off, wrestling with hundreds of little plastic clamps holding them on. I began to wonder how they were attached in the first place as it didn't seem possible that a machine could have done it, but I guess I'll let that thought go for now. We decided to just buy some strings of bulbs at Target and wrap them around. We bought bigger, old fashioned bulbs for a new look and they look really pretty!

The tree is decorated now, as is the mantle over the fireplace. I'm off to wrap a few presents, but addressing the Holiday cards will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!