Monday, March 25, 2024

Fabulous Day


A winter storm blew through yesterday, and dumped about 9 inches of wet, heavy snow on us. We've had barely any snow this year, which is unusual for Minnesota, and I was starting to think that winter was probably over before it even began! Not that I really mind. As I grow older, I don't find extreme cold, or huge amounts of snow as appealing as when I was younger. But, will I move away? Probably not.


My main concern from the storm, though, was if the roads would be drivable by early afternoon. I had an appointment to have the stitches removed from my basal cell carcinoma procedure, and I didn't want that to be postponed! The roads ended up fine, though, because heavy rain followed the heavy snow, and temperatures stayed above freezing, so it all shrunk down quite nicely.

The nurse told me that my surgical site looked beautiful! She said they can tell if someone has taken good care of the site, and that I obviously had. That felt good to hear. A few steri-strips on it for a couple of days, and I'm good to go! I asked about when I could start massaging the area to help flatten the scar, and she said that they recommended something called ScarAway Silicone Sheets, which I will look into.


Oh, yeah 

And then off to Perkins with Bruce for a late lunch. My current favorite meal there is the Senior Eggs Benedict, plus it was also Free Pie Day. We both took our French Silk pie home to eat tonight, while we watch Young Sheldon


And then Katie stopped by after we got home to show us her new car. She gave us a ride in it, and then we went back to the house to have tea and lemon Girl Scout Cookies. Today is a fabulous day, I said!

pie looks a little weird, but it'll be delicious



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!